Home   Shop Reviews   Just thought I'd share

Just thought I'd share

8/14/2015 4:59:06 PM
bjfails
We have 5 site moving to VevoCart and have now finished 3 of them so thought I'd share. I have modified so much of this software that i will never be able to do a simple update again. Key features have been to add Autorize.NET into the mobile shopping environment, all icons moved to Font Awesome, complete rework of the shipping options to include a SuperSaver based on cart value and product qualifications, change all _ to - in urls to make SEO friendly, complete theme redesigns, and so much more. You can see them at www.andax.com, www.policeequipmentdealer.com, and www.hardiggdistributor.com. Feel free to give feed back.
8/18/2015 7:55:39 AM
SLoholmes
Hi bjfails,

We appreciate the share of your success.
You sites look good!!

Regards,
VevoCart Team.
8/18/2015 2:40:24 PM
thehunter
hi there
could you tell me how we change "change all _ to - in urls to make SEO friendly"

which files?

thanks

ps your site looks really good.
8/31/2015 12:56:24 PM
bjfails
Sorry if you haven't got this fixed yet you can do this by opening UrlNameAccessHelper.cs under VevoCartLib/DataAccessLib. Then run a search for the following return sb.ToString().Trim( new char[] { ' ', '_' } ); it should show up twice. Change both to look like this return sb.ToString().Trim( new char[] { ' ', '-' } ); Then you will need to build the DataAccessLib file and copy the new DLLs from the WebApp/bin folder to your site. FYI if you need to have Visual Studio so you can build the project.

P.S. If you already have links and products saved you either have to go to every category and product then do a save to update the links with a hypen or you have to run a SQL statement to change all _ to - in your ProductLocale, CategoryLocale and ContentLocale tables. It looks like this on each Update "TableName" set UrlName = Replace(UrlName, '_', '-')
12/15/2015 12:13:40 PM
bjfails
Just launched another one of our stores and added a whole lot more features to include a Product filter system to narrow results based on customer needs. New site is www.flashlightdealer.com this site also uses a lot more modals and in the first step of the checkout it performs address validation to help alleviate mistype addresses and extra shipping charges.

Home » Shop Reviews » Just thought I'd share

What's going on

Connect with us

Forum Stats

Threads 1985   Posts 5526   Members 1274

Users online

Members 0   Guests 13
© 2006-2017 Vevo Systems Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Built For Success - Powered by VevoCart